Get Connected Downtown | Updated Weekly
Men’s Bowling Night: Join the men of DC April 27th from 6-8 pm at Billy Hardwick’s All Star Lanes (1576 S White Station Rd, Memphis, TN 38117). Cost will be $10 for 2 hrs of bowling. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP and for carpool/ridesharing. Scholarships are available. Prizes for highest and lowest score.
Discover Seminar: Join Pastor Richard Sunday, May 7 for a Discover Seminar at 35 Union, Suite 300 from 3:30-5:30PM. Learn more about Downtown Church, what we believe and how you can get involved. DC exists to glorify God, by creating a radical new community and molding loving disciples of Jesus through the power of the Gospel. We would love to have you as a part of our family! Email email@example.com to RSVP.
New Member Interest: Don’t miss an opportunity to stand for vows Sunday, April 30. If you have attended a Discover Seminar and have not stood for vows, but would like to, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up for an interview with a DC elder.
Calling all 3rd-5th Graders: It’s time to sign up for Camp! All current 3rd-5th graders (2016-17 school year) are invited to join us at For the Kingdom camp (FTK) on July 9-14. FTK is an affordable camp with all the amenities of the wilderness and the convenience of being located in Raleigh. The week includes outdoor activities, worship, devotionals, and plenty of fun! The cost of camp is $175 with a $75 deposit due when you register. The deposit and registration forms are due by Sunday May 21st. Please do not let money stop you from signing up…scholarships are available! Talk to Randi (email@example.com) for more info and to pick up forms.
Outreach Opportunity: Streets Ministries is looking for mentors to invest into the lives of middle school students at the Vance site. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or have questions, contact our youth pastor Terence Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursery Needs Volunteers! We have an abundance of wonderful nursery kids, ages 0 to Pre- K. Whether you have previously served in nursery or would like to start, we need your help. Contact email@example.com for more info.
FlipSide Leaders Needed: Our elementary ministry, FlipSide, still needs a few more leaders on Sunday mornings. Leaders serve one Sunday a month. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
Are You In A Community Group? Community Groups are a great way to become part of a family at Downtown Church. Sign up to get connected with a group at the Connect Center or Text us at 901-881-8408.
Get Help: Are you struggling with an addiction to pornography, alcohol or some other substance? Receive help now by emailing email@example.com. You will be connected with others in the recovery community. No staff member will be notified.
Are You Following Us On Facebook, InstaGram & Twitter? Both are great ways to stay connected to what’s happening at DC! “Like” us at www.facebook.com/downtownchurchmemphis & follow us at @dwtnchurchmem.
Connecting with DC! The best way to connect with DC is to:
1. Provide your email address by signing the tear off in the bulletin on Sunday mornings & dropping it in the offering plate or by emailing Kathleen. We send out a weekly email update- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so they don't get caught by spam filters!
2. Serve. Our service teams are always in need of dependable poeple but our service teams are also one of the most effective ways to get to know others in the community of shared interests and tasks. Some of our teams include: Downtown Kids, Worship Team (), and Set Up and Hospitality (Erin).
3. Request an invitation to The City, our online social network that keeps Downtown Church family informed and connected. Request an invite by emailing Kathleen.
4. Read: Divided by Faith, When Helping Hurts, Oneness Embraced, and/or Prodigal God. They can be found on our book table.
5. Attend: Worship, Join a Service Team, Sunday Picnics and join a Community Group!