Get Connected Downtown | Updated Weekly
Downtown Church is Headed Home to Clayborn!
Sunday, May 28, Downtown Church will return to worship service at Clayborn Temple at 10AM. We will continue to provide the Nursery and FlipSide for elementary age children at St. Pat's. Downtown Student Ministry (DSM) will also meet this Sunday.
A big THANK YOU to STREETS Ministries for allowing us to worship there as repairs were made at Clayborn.
We hope to see you Sunday!
NEW DATES FOR FTK CAMP! Great news! For the Kingdom has changed up the way they do camp this summer, and all of our kids in grades 3rd-11th will be able to go the same week. Everyone will head to camp together, July 9th-14th. Randi and Terence will both be attending, as well as some of our other great FlipSide and DSM leaders. The deadline to sign up is extended to sign up to Sunday May 28th. If you have any questions or need any help signing up, email Randi (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Terence (email@example.com).
Outreach Opportunity: Streets Ministries is looking for mentors to invest into the lives of middle school students at the Vance site. If you are interested in becoming a mentor or have questions, contact our youth pastor Terence Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nursery Needs Volunteers! We have an abundance of wonderful nursery kids, ages 0 to Pre- K. Whether you have previously served in nursery or would like to start, we need your help. Contact email@example.com for more info.
FlipSide Leaders Needed: Our elementary ministry, FlipSide, still needs a few more leaders on Sunday mornings. Leaders serve one Sunday a month. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you’re interested.
Are You In A Community Group? Community Groups are a great way to become part of a family at Downtown Church. Sign up to get connected with a group at the Connect Center or Text us at 901-881-8408.
Get Help: Are you struggling with an addiction to pornography, alcohol or some other substance? Receive help now by emailing email@example.com. You will be connected with others in the recovery community. No staff member will be notified.
Are You Following Us On Facebook, InstaGram & Twitter? Both are great ways to stay connected to what’s happening at DC! “Like” us at www.facebook.com/downtownchurchmemphis & follow us at @dwtnchurchmem.
Connecting with DC! The best way to connect with DC is to:
1. Provide your email address by signing the tear off in the bulletin on Sunday mornings & dropping it in the offering plate or by emailing Kathleen. We send out a weekly email update- add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book so they don't get caught by spam filters!
2. Serve. Our service teams are always in need of dependable poeple but our service teams are also one of the most effective ways to get to know others in the community of shared interests and tasks. Some of our teams include: Downtown Kids, Worship Team (), and Set Up and Hospitality (Erin).
3. Request an invitation to The City, our online social network that keeps Downtown Church family informed and connected. Request an invite by emailing Kathleen.
4. Read: Divided by Faith, When Helping Hurts, Oneness Embraced, and/or Prodigal God. They can be found on our book table.
5. Attend: Worship, Join a Service Team, Sunday Picnics and join a Community Group!